If You Really Want to Know…Read This Week’s Solution and Find Out
A few weeks ago, we talked about the reasons why I would want to turn my blog posts into podcasts. We also discussed some reasons why I hadn’t yet. They included a lack of expertise and plain old procrastination.
The main reason why we should…more people listen rather than read.
The next week we talked about how we would get these blog posts turned into podcasts. This post focused on how more can be accomplished if we share the load, especially in areas where I’m not an expert, i.e., recording, sound, etc.
I spoke about my friend Nic at AdWise Creative and how he’s going use his skills to help me get those blog posts into podcasts.
Here’s an update on where we are in the podcasting journey.
- We have written intro and outro scripts for the construction company focused podcasts
- I have recorded…and recorded, and recorded…the intro and outro getting them to a usable albeit less than perfect recording 😊
- Nic has put together the intro and outro sound effects (one of my favorite parts)
- Nic has combined the intro, outro, sound effects and the reading of a blog post into a preliminary episode
We’re making progress. More than I thought possible. So far, this has been less painful than I expected.
There’s still more to do before these podcasts will be available to listen to, but we’re another step closer thanks to Nic. Before they’ll be ready for public consumption, we have more work to do.
Here’s what will be included in the next step on the podcasting journey.
- Design artwork for the podcast landing page
- Research and decide where we will host the podcasts
- Record more construction company focused episodes
- Write the intro and outro for the construction customer focused podcasts
- Record the intro and outro for the construction customer focused podcasts
Adding this to our already busy schedules, means it isn’t going to happen overnight, but we’re on the journey. I’m looking forward to getting these podcasts to more people to help them build their dreams.
Finding solutions and building dreams is what we do.
I don’t know about you…but I’m excited about getting these podcasts out there.
It’s a little like the rush I get when seeing the progress being made on a construction project.
Check back to keep up to date on the progress of the podcasting journey as it happens.
If you know someone you think would benefit from these blog posts/podcasts, share this blog post or send them to the Solution Building web site. Because people signed up to receive the blog posts will be the first to get access to the podcasts before anyone else.